Monday, November 16, 2015

Yankee Candle Lavender | Candle Review


Today, I am doing a candle review of Lavender by Yankee Candle in a large tumbler.  I picked this candle up from the company's website during a glitch sale.  The full retail price is $27.99, but there are promotions going on constantly.

Official Scent Description:  Powdered lavender bundles tied with heather that is both soothing and luxurious.



Initial Thoughts: 

I'm honestly not expecting much of anything.  I've had little to no luck with most of the Yankee Candles I've burned so far.  They've been downright pitiful.

Cold Impression: 

It smells like straight up lavender essential oil to me.  I like it very much.

I find that funny, because the description says that it is that powdery lavender like the one in a lot of lotions, perfumes and things like that.  (I hate that kind of floral lavender.  Hate!  Haha.  I'm a frou frou herbal essential oil kind of gal.)

Performance and Stats: 

What:  22oz, 2 wick tumbler

Pour Year:  2015

Duration: 45 hours (quit early, over an inch of wax left)

Burn:  The burn made me sad since I had to quit before I could finish the candle.  It became dangerous.  The flames got very high quickly despite me trimming the wicks often.  One of the wicks also drew ever closer to the side of the glass.  This led to a big hole being burnt in the plastic label on the side of the candle.  The sooting wasn't too bad, but it was still just a crappy burning experience.

Throw:  The throw was freaking legendary!  That is the main reason I hate that I had to blow it out early.  It was filling my entire house.  It was stronger than a lot of wax melts I use.  Just amazing!

Final Thoughts: 

I am torn with this one.  I am over the moon about the throw, but the burn was pretty crap.

I would probably buy another one of these in the future to see if the burn is any better.  I'm thinking the issues I had are specific to this candle.  Time will tell, I reckon.

----

Video Review



Or watch on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0pwvY1-WbI

----

Scent description from:  http://www.yankeecandle.com/

----

*Not sponsored.  I bought this candle on a glitch sale with my own money.

**This is based on my experience with this particular candle.  Your experience may be different.

No comments:

Post a Comment