Sunday, November 15, 2015

Wax of the Day: Goose Creek Candles - Carving Pumpkins | Wax Melt Review


Today's wax of the day review is of Carving Pumpkins by Goose Creek Candles.  I purchased this wax melt directly from the company's website during a promotion.

Official Scent Description: It’s a fresh outdoor pumpkin fragrance with notes of cinnamon, clove, bergamot, rose and woody. The bottom notes are woods, vanilla, and patchouli.




Initial Thoughts: 

I have melted a few wax melts from Goose Creek Candles, and I've been very impressed with them so far.  The hits have been major hits, and the worse any have been is really good.  So, I have my hopes high.

Cold Impression: 

This is a really unique fragrance for fall.

The first note is one that makes me think of a really young pumpkin or green white wood.  I get some spice and earthy notes behind that.

Performance and Stats: 

What: 2 pieces (approx .7oz)

Where: kitchen (small galley, approx 7ft ceiling)

How: Glade warmer

Duration:  6:30pm - 11:30pm (5 hours)

Throw: After about a half hour, it has filled my entire kitchen and has almost scented the adjoining dining room as well.

After about 2 hours, it was super strong.  My father exclaimed that he would need a gas mask to walk through the kitchen.  It was stout, and I was loving it.  The spicy notes are coming out more now.

After about 4 hours, it died down quite a bit.  It is staying my kitchen and filling that room with a medium throw.

At the 5 hour mark, I could only smell it if I put my nose right next to the warmer.  So, I'm calling it done.

Final Thoughts: 

I was very happy with how this melt performed.  I've not had any weak performers from this company yet as far as wax melts go.

I also appreciate the uniqueness of the scent.  It's nice to have something other than apple, cinnamon, generic pumpkin spice, and bakery and the various combinations thereof for this time of year.

----

*Not sponsored.  I bought this product with my own money.  These views are based on my experience with this particular wax melt.  Your experience may vary.

1 comment:

  1. Your work is very good and I appreciate you and hopping for some more informative posts. Thank you for sharing great information to us. Scented wax melts

    ReplyDelete