Friday, November 20, 2015

Wax of the Day: ScenSei - Hippie Holidays | Wax Melt Review


Today's wax melt review is for Hippie Holidays from ScenSei.  I ordered this one directly from the vendor's website.

Official Scent Description: Wow! An earthy blend of fresh patchouli, herbal sandalwood and hints of strawberry and raspberry with base notes of peppermint and evergreen. A wonderful holiday scent!


Initial Thoughts:

This is the first wax melt I've ever tried from this vendor.  I've not really seen any reviews either.  Most of the things I've seen have been for their jewelry tarts which aren't really my thing.

They have an awesome website and branding.  So, I am hopeful. 

Cold Impression:

I definitely get a mix of earthiness with mint and evergreen in the background.  It evokes memories of when I used to go to New Age stores all the time to buy incense and what not, but the mint and evergreen make it really interesting.

I don't get any strawberry or raspberry at all.  The scent is very light on cold, though.

Performance and Stats:

What: 2 cubes (1oz of wax)

Where: kitchen (small galley, 7ft ceiling)

How: Glade Warmer

Duration: 9pm - 2am; 11am - 10pm (16 hours)

Throw Notes: It filled my entire kitchen and the connecting dining room within the first half hour.  I'm loving it.  It's very strong.

After 2 hours, a medium scent throw has filled the kitchen, dining room, and even creeping into the living room.  Sweet!

After 4 hours, it's still going strong.  The throw has barely gone down at all.  I may have to switch it off and remelt it tomorrow.  This is great!

I remelted it the next day and it was strong for about 10 hours.  Then, it slowly faded for the last hour.  Wow! 

Final Thoughts:

Holy crap!  This one more than exceeded my expectations especially since it was quite light on cold sniff.  This is one of the best melts I've melted so far.  Like ever.  I am stunned.

I have a few other scents that I ordered with this one, and I can't wait to see if they do as well. 

----

*Scent Description from: http://www.scensei.net

----

*Not sponsored.  I bought this with my own money.  This post reflects my opinion based on my experience with this particular melt.  Your experience may vary.

No comments:

Post a Comment