Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Yankee Candle - Strawberry Buttercream Review


Today, I am reviewing Strawberry Buttercream by Yankee Candle in a large single wick 22oz jar.  I picked this one up directly from the company's website during a glitch sale.

Official Scent Description:  Yum . . . an absolutely luscious treat of plump, sweet strawberries buried in rich whipped cream.



Initial Thoughts:  

This is the 4th Yankee Candle that I have even burned.  It is the 2nd large jar.

I didn't have good luck with the other large jar that I burned, but I still have hope because of the high retail price and how hyped up this brand is.

Cold Impression:

It smells awesome on cold!  It is a sweet creamy scent with sweet strawberries mixed in.  It's just delicious and quite strong.

Performance and Stats:

What: 22oz single wick jar

Pour Year: 2015

Duration: 103.5 hours

It took a really long time to achieve a full wax pool despite using an Illuma-lid and the flames tending to be really high.  The wicks also dropped a lot of junk down in the wax.  Other than that, the burn was basically flawless.  There was hardly any wax stuck to the side, and there was barely any soot at all.

As for the throw, it was pretty light.  I could smell it sometimes, but it was just a very faint strawberry syrup scent with just a hint of the cream.  It wasn't consistent throughout.  It would be medium for a bit.  Then, there would be nothing.

Final Thoughts: 

I was very happy with the burn on this one overall, but I probably wouldn't purchase it again.  Throw is king for me, and this candle just didn't have much of one. 

----

Video Review:



Or watch on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gLxViJsVyA

----

*These are my opinions based on my personal experience with this particular candle.  Your experience may vary and all that jazz.

*Not sponsored  I bought this with my own money.


No comments:

Post a Comment