Monday, September 14, 2015

Ava's Country Cupboard Wax Melt Haul


I had been searching for a vendor to order from since I decided to venture into the vendor side of the wax world.  I had been hearing great reviews of Ava's Country Cupboard and their ordering process was straightforward.  So, it was an easy choice to make as the first vendor from which to make my order.

This is a combination of 2 orders that I ordered straight from the vendor's web store in late March and late April.  It has been awhile, but I wanted to share it anyway.

Any melts that I have melted down or done blog posts for will be notes.  I've also included any official scent descriptions that I've been able to find.




Strawberry Marshmallow Twinkies

Official Scent Description:  strawberry stuffed twinkies with ooey gooey marhmallows

This one smells just like the name.  I just had to melt it first.  I even did a Wax of the Day review post on it.

Flannel Sheets

Official Scent Description:  (could not find one anywhere)

Cardamom Cedar Blossom

Official Scent Description:  refreshing blend of cardamom, rose, and cedar wood

I honestly didn't like this one on cold sniff, but I did find it interesting.  It smells just like the name suggests: a mix of spice, cedar wood, and floral.

On cold, the floral came out the heaviest.  The floral is very realistic and very strong.  Not being a floral fan, I almost passed it on to someone else.  I'm so glad I didn't, because it melted so nicely.  The scent notes were much more even when melted.  It was like a spicy, earthy flower blossom.  It was really interesting and enjoyable.

Clean Green

Official Scent Description:  combination of fresh greens, pear agave, vetiver grass and clean, forest moss

Mediterranean Magic

Official Scent Description:   Top notes of Sweet olives, tart grapefruit, dew-covered watercress; followed by middle notes of rose, jasmine, and cassis. Sits on a down of fresh amber and myrrh. A luxury Spa type scent

NY Birthday Cake

Official Scent Description:  a creamy cheesecake blended with bday cake

Orange Cream Cupcake

Official Scent Description:   Super creamy orange creamsicle frosting on a zesty citrus cupcake


Lemon Frosted Cheesecake

Official Scent Description:  (couldn't find one anywhere)

Glazed Marshmallow Donuts

Official Scent Description:  A great blend of Glazed Donut and toasted marshmallows

Gran's Berry Griddlecakes

Official Scent Description:  sweet and yummy griddlecakes covered in fresh berries

Strawberry Blonde

Official Scent Description:   Strawberries and iced champagne mixed with rich sweet raspberry and cranberry

Frosted Maple Flapjacks

Official Scent Description:  (couldn't find one anywhere)

Woolen Blanket

Official Scent Description:   Aromatic rosewood and cedar leading to a deeply rich blend of spicy clove, everlasting vetiver, and dark amber

Butter Fudge Baklava

Official Scent Description:  Nutty, flaky crust, caramelized sugar, buttery vanilla fudge, and a hint of cinnamon sugar

Sea Salt and Rice Flower

Official Scent Description:  Fresh and clean scent! Creamy rice flower, citrus peel, cotton blossoms, night-blooming jasmine, azure sky ozone, grey sea salt, bamboo leaves, vanilla bean, and sheer musk

Lavender Wishes

Official Scent Description:  My favorite Lavender scent EVER! Milky, soft lavender with hints of sugar and vanilla

This lavender is more like the powdery lavender used in beauty products rather than the herbal or essential oil type lavender.  I'm very picky with lavender.  So, this wasn't my favorite.  It did perform very well in my bedroom though.

Island Fresh

Official Scent Description:   (Gain Laundry type)~ Fresh ozony top notes, followed by fresh greenery, lavender, vanilla, rose , jasmine, and melon, with bottom notes of fresh air

----

I also got some free samples included with each order in the shape of little wax dudes! :D

Chocolate Orchid

Official Scent Description:  great blend of fresh floral with undertones of real chocolate

Clean Green

See my entry above.  I didn't receive this in the same order as the full size Clean Green.

Jelly Donut

Official Scent Description:  (couldn't find one anywhere)

Salty Sea Air

Official Scent Description:  crisp ozone, salty sea spray, seaweed, sun-weathered driftwood, and a hint of water lily

----

Notes about Vendor, Ordering, etc:

I thought I would make a note about the ordering process and whatnot since it's another variable added when it comes to vendor wax.

Easy of Ordering: 

It was really easy to order the wax.  Ava's Country Cupboard has a separate website that you are able to do your order on which is a huge plus for me.  I'm not the biggest fan of the vendors that operate solely on Facebook since many people don't have Facebook or want to fool with it all the time.

That being said, I do recommend joining the Facebook group as the restock schedules are announced on there along with the description of any new scents.  There are also sometimes grab bags up for sale that don't make it onto the official store page and stuff like that.

Shipping:

Shipping was really fast.  I always had my order within a week of my order date.

Ava's Country Cupboard also does a great deal on shipping.  It's a flat rate of $3 or free for orders over $25.  That's what really pulled me since a lot of vendors invoice the shipping separate or charge a high amount since they do it solely by weight.

----

Official Scent Descriptions From:

Ava's Country Cupboard Store Page: http://www.avascountrycupboard.com/

Ava's Country Cupboard Facebook Group:  https://www.facebook.com/groups/1379610552259448/

----

Not sponsored.  I paid for all this smellies myself.  :D

1 comment:

  1. Wax melts UK I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

    ReplyDelete