Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Big Lots Lemongrass Verbena | Candle Review


Today, I am reviewing the Lemongrass Verbena candle from the Tropical Collection sold at Big Lots.  I picked this up for $6.50 in store.

Official Scent Description: Zesty and refreshing, this lemon grass candle will instantly whisk you away to a tropical retreat



Initial Thoughts:

I have been having good luck with the Big Lots Collection candles.  They always perform well for me.  I'm glad I decided to try them after getting nothing but duds with their Living Colors brand candles.

Cold Impression: 

It is definitely a green scent.  It smells like a more rounded version of a live lemon verbena herb plant.  It is about medium scent-wise on cold.

Performance and Stats:

What: 14oz Triple Wick

Duration: 36.5 burn hours achieved

I didn't really have any burn problems with this candle.  I kept the wicks trimmed between each burn, and I didn't feel like I had to do more than that.

As for the throw, there was no scent throw that I could ever smell.  I tried this candle in every room of the house and never smelled much of anything.  Since throw is the number one thing I look for in a candle, it was really disappointing.

Final Thoughts: 

Well, I guess I had to find a dud in the Big Lots Collection candle eventually.  I had had such good luck with every one I bought before that.

I would never repurchase this particular one again, because it had no scent throw.

----

Scent Description fromhttp://www.biglots.com

*This is my review based on my experience with this particular candle.  Your experience may vary.

*Not sponsored.  I'm not that cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment