Thursday, July 30, 2015

Yankee Candle Haul: Accessories, Candles, and Melts


These are items that I picked up during the last Semi Annual Sale that I haven't yet shown y'all.  It is mostly accessories, but I did get a few good smelly things.  So, scent descriptions for those are included below as well.




Jar Candle Holders

In The Park Mosaic

This is the most expensive thing that I bought during the entire sale, but it just spoke to me.  I know it is supposed to be a Spring or Summer item, but it really fits into out home year round.

The constructive is a large clear glass jar with glass tile pieces adhered and then grouted.  It gives it a very handmade and slightly rustic appearance almost like something you could have in your garden.

I really do love it.  Now that I've seen the detail up close, I would probably just hunt for some discount glass tile scrap and make my own in the future.  I'm crafty like that.  Haha!

Sea Breeze 

This thing wormed its way into my brain from the first moment I saw it on the web site.  I just found it so bright and pretty.  I'm the furthest thing from nautical or beachy anything, but I stalked the listing until the price dropped and ordered.

I will say that I was a bit disappointed with I first unboxed it.  It is much more vibrant online than in person.  That was quickly remedied when I put a lit candle in it.  It gave off a bluish cast to my room and was just gorgeous all around.

I will say that I am glad to have gotten it at a good discount, because some of the details are rough.  The white twine that is adhered to the surface with hot glue is a bit messy in places.  There was also a small chip on the top rim.  For the price I paid, I am very happy.


Sea Breeze Tea Light Holder

I just really like the look of this collection.  So when I saw this little holder with a crazy low price after discount, I snatched it up, too.

While the color is beautiful, I'm glad I didn't pay very much for it.  The details are really rough and quite messy in several places.  There are globs of hot glue under the string, and it just looks like someone slapped it together as a weekend craft project.

I also am not too fond of how the candle actually sits in it.  Instead of being inside so that you get the brilliance of the blue glass glowing, it just has a circular indention at the top as pictured above.  I may put an electric tea light in the bottom when I use it just to add something more to it.

Everyday Metal Iron Large Jar Holder

I actually ordered 2 of these for a really low price.  I couldn't believe it, because these are good quality metal.  I honestly wish I would have ordered a couple more.  I love the way it looks with a jar candle in it.  Eee!

Seaside Wrapped Wire Votive and Tea Light Holder

I love this little thing.  Firstly, it's not breakable.  Secondly, it comes with a removable glass holder so you can use it for votives, too.  Thirdly, it goes with just about anything.

I wish I would have bought more from this collection like the large jar holder while they were still available. 

Forest Elegance Illuma Lid

I ordered this, because I've heard that these are basically essential if you are burning a jar candle from this brand.  (I got feelings about that, but that's a whole 'nother story for a whole 'nother day.)

This one didn't look that impressive online, but I was blown away by the quality and detail in person.  It is really thick and heavy metal, and the details on the pine cones are spot on.  (I should know.  We have about 9000 pine trees in our yard.  Haha...ugh.)  I kind of fell in love with it. 


Candle Shade Toppers

Pumpkin Crackle

This one looks so much better in person than in pictures.  I thought I would pick it while it was heavily discounted because of Fall season quickly approaching.  (Not quick enough.  It's 95 degrees here.  Haha...melting.)

Picnic in the Park

I mainly picked this one up, because it is a muted country blue which is the same color as my dining room.  Also, it was on a crazy discount.  It's okay.  It's nothing special in person.  It doesn't illuminate much even with a high flame under it.

Americana

How cute is this thing?  It looks like it would be displayed in a fancy Cracker Barrel or something.

This one is also great quality.  It is definitely the best out of the four shades that I ordered.

Iced Winter Berries

This one looks better online than in person to me.  It has these white paint sprinkles all over it that give me fake spray snow flashbacks.  We used to have a pop up holiday tree that had that stuff all over it.  Never again, it's the devil in aerosol form.


Trefoils (Single Wick 8oz Footed Tumbler)

Official Scent Description:  Absolutely nothing compares to the irresistible aroma of buttery, just-baked cookies

On cold, it smells just like it says like warm vanilla cookies straight from the oven.

Tree House Memories (Single Wick Medium 14.5oz Jar)

Official Scent Description:  Warm, earthy woods wrapped in sweet, familiar spices evoke memories of crisp Autumn days spent amongst the changing leaves.

I love that way this smells!  UGH.  If this one burns well, I may have to save up for many more.

It smells like a mixture of aftershave, a log cabin, and a wood shop to me.  Basically, it's like a person who just shaved all old school style and is out in the wood shop planing some fragrant wood to put up in the log cabin that is being built.  It is a really strong, nostalgic masculine scent.

The reviews on this one are pretty mixed.  I could see this as a scent that people would either love or hate.  I am about those super strong earthy and masculine scents.  So, bring it on!

Marshmallow Chicks - Peeps (Single Wick Large 22oz Jar)

Official Scent Description:  The fluffy, sweet marshmallow scent of these classic treats welcomes spring with colorful fun.

This one is very light on cold.  It smells like sweet vanilla.  I've heard so reviews about how strong this one is, but we shall see.  I don't have good luck with vanilla based scents.


Scented Tea Lights (12 pack)

Early Sunrise

Official Scent Description:  A new day dawns crisp and fresh in this clean lemony citrus scent with hints of ginger and tea.

Strawberry Buttercream 

Official Scent Description:  Yum . . . an absolutely luscious treat of plump, sweet strawberries buried in rich whipped cream.

Fruit Fusion

Official Scent Description:  Summer-licious . . . berries, orange and lime make this sunny fruit blend refreshingly tart and sweet.

Pinecone and Lime

Official Scent Description:  Vividly fresh and cool . . . a surprising combination of citrus and lime, herbs and pine.

Peppermint Bark

Official Scent Description:  This irresistible blend of white peppermint, chocolate swirl and wintergreen is oh-my-yummy!

Over the River

Official Scent Description:  A fresh, nature-inspired scent that features relaxing fragrance notes of mandarin, soft oakmoss, soothing lavender and calming sandalwood.

-----

Wax Melts

Wild Sea Grass

Official Scent Description:  Kick off your shoes, feel the sand between your toes, and breathe in the green scent of dewy sea grass atop the sand dunes. Kissed by the ocean breeze and enhanced with a sliver of mint, this fragrance is as fresh as a morning walk on the windswept beaches of Cape Cod or the Outer Banks.

Salt Water Taffy

Official Scent Description:  A seaside tradition… all your favorite fruit flavors and creamy vanilla all rolled into one.

-----

Haul Video:



Or watch on youtubehttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qte6GgzsBno

-----

Official Scent Descriptions from: 

http://www.yankeecandle.com/
or
http://www.candlescoop.com/

-----

*Not sponsored, I say.  Still not that cool, I say.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment