Thursday, July 9, 2015

Wax of the Day: Goose Creek - Grapefruit Mandarin (With Review)


Today, I am melting Grapefruit Mandarin from Goose Creek Candles.  I picked this one up from their official website.  They usually retail for about $4.00, but they often have good sales.

Official Scent Description:   Delight your senses in this fresh, invigorating blend as juicy grapefruit, orange and cassis mingle together with a vibrant bouquet of cyclamen, violet leaf, black currant and musk.



Initial Thoughts:  

This is only the second Goose Creek wax that I have ever melted.  The first one, Summer Sherbet, did pretty well.  This is also a softer wax than a lot of the big chain store brands like Better Homes and Gardens or Scentsationals.  So, I have high hopes for this one.

Cold Impression: 

This smells like straight up grapefruit.  Go get a grapefruit, slice it open, and huff it.  Such citrus.  Very wow.  Much smelly.

Performance and Stats: 

What:  1 wedge (.35oz), 2 wedges (.7oz)

Where:  Bedroom (approx 6'x8') , Living Room (approx 12'x12')

How: Scentsationals Bulb Warmer (25W, 1 cube) and Glade Warmer (2 cubes)

Duration:  5pm-2am, then 10am-6pm

Just wow.  Wow.  Wow.  This one threw like the champ-iest champ that ever champed!  It completely filled up my entire house with a wonderful, true-to-life grapefruit and orange fragrance. 

Even my father, who can't smell to save his life, thought that it was strong.  In his words, "I went outside and came back in to be smacked in the face with a dang fruit basket."  Haha!  This is how I like my melts!

It lasted for a long time as well.  As you can see from my melting duration above, I got over 16 hours of strong throw out of it.  That's unheard of for me and my house!  The second melting was still very strong and wonderful.  I probably could have gotten another one out of it, but I was ready to throw something else into the warmers.

It did fabulous in both warmers: the Scentsationals in my tiny bedroom and the Glade in my living room.  Yes!!!

Final Thoughts: 

This was one of the best melts that I've tried in a long while.  I need to pay more attention to Goose Creek.  I feel like not a lot of people talk about them, review them, or just concentrate on their candles. 

I have a few more from this brand left to try.  (I did have more, but I gave them as gifts.)  I look forward to it.

I will be stalking the brand's website for another good wax melt sale so that I can purchase a few more of these Grapefruit Mandarin melts.  Just freaking amazing!

----

Scent Description from:  http://www.goosecreekcandle.com/

----

Am I sponsored? Nope, still not.  Even if I ever got to that point, I would forever be honest and full of typos and grammatical errors.  :D

No comments:

Post a Comment