Wednesday, July 29, 2015

PureScents: Brazilian Breeze and Tropical Palm (From Family Dollar)


Today, I am reviewing Tropical Breeze and Brazilian Palm by PureScents.  I picked this one up at my local Family Dollar for $2.

Official Scent Description: (couldn't find one)



Initial Thoughts:

I have never seen this brand before so I don't have any thoughts as to how it will perform.  For the price point, I'm not expecting miracles.

I found it interesting that these are manufactured by MVP who makes a lot of big name candles like Colonial Candles and the Febreze home collection.  Interesting...

Cold Impression:

This is so strong on cold.  That is the main reason I had to pick it up.

The scent evokes the feeling of the name, Tropical Breeze.  It smells like a fresh fantasy beach.  It does to this Tennessee girl who has never been to the beach anyway. 

Performance and Stats:

What: 5oz single wick, 2 scent layers

Duration: 51.5 hours

This one burned really nicely for me on the first scent layer.  It burned evenly, didn't tunnel at all, and threw like a candle 3 times its size.  It was just fabulous!  It filled my kitchen and entire dining room with amazing beachy goodness.  Yes!  It was shaping up to be a dollar store candle of legend.

But...

The second layer was pretty crap.  It didn't burn well and tunneled.  It also had no throw. UGH.

Final Thoughts:

I wish the whole candle was the Tropical Breeze first layer, because it did so well.  It was an absolute dream.

I would seriously run back to Family Dollar and buy 5 more of these if it was just the first layer.

Unfortunately, I would probably just buy them when they go on sale or clearance because of the disappointing second layer.

I still think it was very good for the $2 full retail point.  I've had candles more than 10 times that price do much worse.

----

Just to note:

I have already completely burned the other two in the collection that my store had: apple something and lavender something.  There weren't very good.  The lavender burned okay but had no throw.  The apple burned terribly and put itself out before even completing the first layer and had no throw.

So, if you want to spend your $2 on one, I do recommend this one out of the 3 as the one to try. 

----

This is my opinion based on my experience with this particular candle.  Your experience may vary and all. that. jazzzzz. :)

*Not sponsored.  If only, then I could buy more candles.  Haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment