Friday, July 24, 2015

Bath and Body Works: Candle Haul


I was almost thankful that I didn't find the majority of the spring and summer scents appealing this time.  I swear that it was all either florals, sun tan lotion coconut, peaches, mangoes, or sickly sweet scents.  Those are just not my thing, and my wallet was happy about it. 

I was mainly waiting for the prices to drop so that I could get my hands on another Summer Boardwalk.  Lo and behold, they did, and that's why you see three in the picture there.  Haha!

Here are the candles with scent descriptions and cold impressions that I picked up from the Summer SAS (Semi Annual Sale) from Bath and Body Works.



Summer Boardwalk

Official Scent Description:  Like memories of the best summer spent at the beach - caramel-glazed popcorn, warm taffy-apples and salted sweet cream.

Cold Sniff Impression:  This smells just like walking through the food vendors area at a county fair.  I pick up the sweet cream with the saltiness, caramel popcorn, and even some of the sweet apple in the background.  The sweet and salty cream is the strongest note to my nose.

I have had this scent before in a candle.  It was from a year or two ago in the old Slatkin and Co packaging.  I've missed it ever since I burned that one up.  This is definitely one of my favorites from this brand.

If this repackage performs as well as the last one I had, it will be a strong thrower.  I put it at the level of a melting two Better Homes and Gardens wax melts in a glade warmer.  This is one of the few candles that I've had that can rival the throw of a wax melt.  I'm all for that!  I buy my candles for the fragrance pay off.

Do keep that in mind as well if you are prone to headaches from stronger scents as well.

Salty Caramel

Official Scent Description:  Sweet cream and caramel sprinkled with glazed pecans

Cold Sniff Impression:  The first thing I get is an artificial scent that I assume to be the sweet cream.  I do faintly picked up the pecans, but it's more like raw nuts that have been blended rather than the warm and hearty scent from roasted nuts.  I do get just a hint of saltiness in the background.

I haven't burned this one yet, but it's not that appealing to me on cold.  I hope it burns nice and changes my mind for the better.

Kitchen Spice

Official Scent Description:  A comforting mixture of nutmeg, allspice, hazelnut, and caramel

Cold Sniff Impression:  The first scents that jump out at me are the hazelnut and caramel.  I do pick up some nutmeg in the background.  I don't get any allspice on cold or any spiciness at all.  It is very warm, sweet, and nutty. 

I haven't burned this one yet, but I quite like it on cold.

----

Haul Video in which these are included:

[Will Embed Once Live]

Or watch on youtube:  

----

Not sponsored.  So not cool enough for BBW for send me crap.  Haha!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you very much for writing such an interesting article on this topic. This has really made me think and I hope to read more. Wax melt burner

    ReplyDelete