Wednesday, June 10, 2015

Our Own Candle Company: Lemon Pound Cake


Today, I am reviewing Lemon Pound Cake from Our Own Candle Company.  I am doing this review after burning the entire candle.

Official Scent Description:  A wonderful candle for the springtime, this candle's name says it all. Smells like a warm lemon poundcake just popped out of the oven!

  
Initial Thoughts

This is my first ever candle with this company.  I have always seen it at my local store, but I never purchased.  So, I don't have any thoughts one way or another about how it's going to do.

Cold Impression:

Dead on sweet bakery lemon.  Yum!

Performance and Stats:

What:  13oz single wick jar candle

Where:  Local Store called Hammer's

Price: $4.88 (Retail: $7.99)

Duration:  I got 92 burning hours (stopped before completely gone)

I did trim the wick down to an eighth of an inch before each burning.  I also burned this one for long periods of time of 8+ hours each time.

The throw was great with the exception of the first and last couple hours of burn.  It filled up my dining room which is around 10'x10'.  

Final Thoughts: 

I am beyond impressed with this candle.  It had one of the best, most even burns I have seen in a candle that I can even remember.  There was hardly any soot, which is always of concern to me.  (Ain't nobody got time to hack up black stuff or scrub walls and celings.)

I was also really impressed with the burn time.  It gave me twice of what I get out of a Bath and Body Works candle with less wax.

I would totally purchase this one again.  I will also be smelling some of the other candles they have at my local store the next time I am there. 

----

Video Review:

Or watch on youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FvdCcj9MZr8

----

Scent Description from:   http://www.ourowncandlecompany.com/

----

All opinions are my own and reflect my personal experience with this particular candle.  Not sponsored in anyway and all that jazz.

No comments:

Post a Comment