Thursday, June 18, 2015

Ashland: Patchouli Sage


Today, I'm reviewing Patchouli Sage from Ashland.  I am doing this review after burning the entire candle.

Official Scent Description: (couldn't find one)


Initial Thoughts:

This is my first ever candle from this brand.  As I understand it, they are usually sold at Michael's craft stores.  We don't have any of those stores near us.  So, I was really happy to get to try one and have no preconceived notions as to how it's going to do.

Cold Impression:

It has a very pleasant earthy scent.  It is very nice, but I don't get any notes of patchouli or sage specifically.

Performance and Stats:

What: 17oz single wick

Where: Local Store called Hammer's

Price:  $4.88 (Retail: about $6)

Duration: 95 hours (stopped before completely gone, could have probably gotten 100)

I trimmed the wick to about a quarter of an inch before each burning.  I tried to go to an eighth of an inch, but I found that was too short for this particular candle.

I also burned this one for long periods of time of 8+ hours.  I didn't find that the flame got too high.  So, I didn't have to blow it out inbetween to trim the wick.

I hardly got any sooting until the last couple hours that I burned it, and then it was sooting quite a bit.

I didn't get any scent throw from this candle except very briefly around the 90 hour mark.

Final Thoughts:

While the burn on this one was great, my main criteria for a good candle is scent throw.  So, this one was quite disappointing to me.

I would not repurchase this particular scent again despite loving it on cold sniff.  I might try another from this brand if I found it at the right buy price.

----

Video Review:  



Or Watch on Youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vnu7vIWjY8c

----

All opinions are my own and reflect my personal experience with this particular candle. 

No comments:

Post a Comment