Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Let's Get Started...

First off, I am Jenn and I have a slight wax addiction. 

Well, I have a moderate wax addiction.  

Let's be real.  When you buy enough wax melts and candles to have a blog and youtube videos about it, it's a full blown addiction. Haha!

Anyway...



I decided to start this blog after I started a written journal of the wax melts I was using to keep track of their performance.   The written journal just wasn't doing it for me.

I couldn't quickly search for a particular company or fragrance, and it was just a pain in the butt to keep it up.  I thought about just making a database, but I figured that it would be better to just do a blog so that others can see and search the entries as well. 

Shoot...I already have a few other blogs.  Why not?  Haha!

Plans I have for this blog:
  • Wax Hauls--Both Candle and Melts
  • Empties Reviews
  • What I'm Melting/Burning
  • Individual Reviews
  • And Who Knows What Else :)

I am not a wax expert by any means.  (I did used to have a fairly successful local hand poured candle company about a decade or so ago.  But that's a past endeavor better left in the past...)

I mainly get candles and wax melts for home fragrance purposes.  I want something that will fool people into thinking that I don't have indoor pets or litter boxes. 

I like long lasting wax melts and candles that I don't have to blow out every 2 hours and trim the wicks to prevent my walls from turning black.  I would rather have the ugliest, most unfortunately looking candle that has an amazing throw than a weakly scented work of art from a fancy label.

I also live out in the middle of "no one knows or cares, blink once and miss it" Tennessee.  So, a lot of the wax that I get is from online stores, local stores, or places like Big Lots.  Heck, if the price is right, it smells decent cold, and I got money burning in my pocket, I'll probably take it home with me.

So, that is the frame of mind from which I am coming. 

Nice to meet all y'all.

Please bare with me as I get the layout kinks and whatnot worked out here.  Waxy things are coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment