Monday, May 25, 2015

Candle Haul: Bath & Body Works, Big Lots, Hammer's


I have been a little candle crazy lately.  A lot candle crazy.  These are the ones that I picked up most recently from a couple stores and online from Bath and Body Works.




Bath & Body Works


3 Wick - 14.5oz

Praline Pecan Cobbler

Official Description:  Indulge in warm caramel cobbler with the sweet crunch of pecan nuts and sparkling cinnamon sugar

I was watching some videos with reviews on this candle.  Many people were saying this was the same as the Pumpkin Waffle something or other that came out in fall.  I never had the Pumpkin candle.  So, I can't tell you one way or the other.  I just thought I'd throw that in just in case.

Anyway...

This candle is about medium strength on cold sniff.  The strong note is cinnamon.  Then, you get a sweetness with just a hint of nuts.  It basically smells like the German roasted nuts that they do at the fair.  I have high hopes for this one.

Bow Ties & Bourbon

Official Description:  An elegant & stylish blend of polished dark oak, fresh bergamot and a hint of bourbon spirits.

I bought this one for the name.  There, I said it.

I do really think I'll like it.  It's a total "man candle."  What I mean by that is it's a cologne type fragrance.  It is pretty light on cold sniff, but we'll see.  I don't like cologne scents to be too strong or else I'll get flashbacks to a boss I used to have.  You could smell him hours after he left.  Ugh.

Black Teakwood

Official Description:  An elegant blend of rich black teakwood, soft sandalwood and crisp lavender

I was excited to try this one, because I have a Mahogany Teakwood burning now.  It's beyond fabulous.

This one is much lighter on cold.  Also despite lavender being in the description, I'm not picking up any.  Maybe it will come out when burned.

This one is a "man candle," but it has an added earthiness to it from the sandalwood.  Basically, if you go to the store and pick up a bar of "for men" soap, it would basically be what this smells like. 

Vanilla Bean Marshmallow

Official Description:  A comforting vanilla fragrance that evokes the sweetness of a homemade marshmallow

The description is dead on.  This smells like sweet, sugary vanilla bean.  Yum!

It is quite light on cold, but I have hope.

----

Big Lots


Lemon Tart (3 wick tumbler, 14oz)

This one is from the Retro Kitchen collection.  It smells like straight up sweet bakery lemon.  Great!

Truth be told this is actually a repurchase.  I had bought one of these a couple weeks ago and burned it completely.  So, this is the only one I can actually turn about its burn performance.

The throw was great.  It filled up my entire back room (about 10 x 11) and most of my living room (just a wee bit larger).  I was really impressed with the throw.

The only thing I didn't like was that I had to babysit it quite a bit.  By that I mean, I couldn't leave it burning for too long because the flames would get pretty high after an hour or two and start sooting.  (Is that a word? Y'all know what I mean.)  So, I would have to burn it out, trim the wicks down again, and repeat.

They have other candles as well as decor in this collection.  The other candles that I've seen in the 3 wick tumblers are: Vintage Mint, Candy Apple, and Peach Cobbler.  They also have stone mug candles in Orange Clove and Candy Apple.

Garden Pathway (1 wick - hobble glass, 9.5oz)

This one is from the Natural Collection.  I mainly picked it up because I love the glass and it was on clearance.  Haha!

It has a very light floral scent with rose being the strongest note.

I am not sure about the others in the line, because they were already gone once I bought this one.  Clearance waits for no one.

Caramel Macchiato (2 wick tumbler, 15oz)

This one is from their new Coffee House Collection.  This one is a 2 wick tumbler and it smells just like you huffed a bag of caramel scented ground coffee.  Just straight up coffee.

This one was the strongest on cold sniff of the collection but they did have 3 other scents: Vanilla Spice Latte, Raspberry Mocha, and Hazelnut Latte.  They are all available in the 2 wick tumbler and a single wick mason jar.

I actually went back and purchased the other scents in the 2 wick as well.  So, I should have a collection review later on.

----

Hammer's (Local Chain)


Ashland - Patchouli Sage (1 wick jar, 17oz)

I believe they sell these candles at Michael's as well.  I don't have any of those stores near me, but I have heard stories.  I have never tried this brand before so I just bought one. 

It smells pretty strong on cold.  I don't get a straight up Patchouli or Sage from this, but it is very nice and earthy.  I look forward to it.

Our Own Candle Company - Lemon Pound Cake (1 wick jar, 13oz)

Official Description:  A wonderful candle for the springtime, this candle's name says it all. Smells like a warm lemon poundcake just popped out of the oven!

I mainly picked this one up, because I had seen it recommended as a lemon with a great throw several times.  It smells like straight up bakery lemon.  It is stronger on cold than the Lemon Tart that I got from Big Lots. 

----

Video of the Haul



Or Watch on Youtube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6y12Gvp-wgA

----

Official Descriptions from:
http://www.ourowncandlecompany.com/
http://www.bathandbodyworks.com/

----

This is not sponsored in any way.  I bought all these with my own money.  (Yes, I hate that I have to write crap like this now.  Haha!  Whole 'nother story for a whole 'nother day.)

No comments:

Post a Comment